What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
The cost to join the PTA is $5.00 and can be done online or by printing this membership form and returning to your student’s teacher. Part of your donation goes directly to Lowry to support many programs such as Back to School Teacher Luncheon, Grandparents Breakfast, BooHoo Breakfast for Kindergarten, Sock Hop, Student Agendas, Helping Hands, Citizen of the Month, Concerts, Battle of the Books, Reflections and much more.
No volunteer hours are required, unless you choose to volunteer.
Because of parent and family memberships, Lowry has received the following awards: 12th Year “A” Award, 18th year Five Star School, 21 years Golden School Award.
You receive many benefits on the National and State level. Please click on link below to learn more.
To connect to the Hillsborough County PTA, Florida PTA or the National PTA, click on links below.